Fried Rice with Ham and Dried Shrimp
• 57g honey-glazed ham
• 38g dried baby shrimps
• 38g conpoys (dried scallops)
• 57g green onions, chopped
• 38g fresh green peas
• 38g Chinese XO chili sauce
• 228g egg whites
• 228g rice, pre-cooked and cooled
• ½ tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. chicken powder
• Lightly beat the egg whites, set aside.
• Dice and stir-fry the ham, set aside.
• Deep fry baby shrimps until crisp, set aside.
• Rinse the conpoys, coat with cornstarch, deep-fry and then tear into shreds. Set aside.
• Heat wok again, add oil and, when hot, sauté chopped onions and peas. Add rice and stir fry until hot (about 5-6 minutes). Add other ingredients with the exception of the conpoys. Fry together until hot and season with salt and chicken powder. Dish out, topped with the crisp conpoys.