Are you getting troubled while signing in your AOL gold account? Are you unable to get the access even after using the correct username password to your AOL desktop Gold? If the answer is “yes” you need not worry. You are in the middle of one of the most common problem. Download Aol Desktop Gold Link are faced by several other AOL users.
You may have tried multiple times the same username and password but if you still not getting access to this article is only for you are intended to solve your issue at the earliest.
Some common problems that may cause the login error
- Unable to sign in AOL desktop Gold on Windows: If you are a windows user you may get this issue due to the problems in network or system’s software. Sometimes the corrupt files in desktop Gold can also cause the error.
- Facing log in issues after windows update: Sometimes just after the completion of windows update you get the error that makes you unable to log in your AOL Gold account. Some deleted files during the updating or the changes in the previous setting may generally cause this trouble
- Unable to log in AOL desktop Gold on Mac: Some bugs in third-party software or problem due to corrupt files may prevent to log in you AOL desktop Gold account on Mac.
- Can’t log in AOL desktop gold from Microsoft outlook: The improper configuration of AOL gold on Outlook may cause you this trouble. Also, the incomplete synchronization with the email server could be the reason.
- Password related issue causing the AOL desktop log in error: This issue may occur if your AOL gold account accessing the old password and cannot read the new password you enter. To reset the password one should follow the proper procedure to fix the AOL desktop gold login errors
- Screen redirect error causing the AOL desktop log in error: This may happen if the problem occurs due to network or server error. First, try to confirm this issue then you can solve it.
- The login page of AOL desktop gold is not opening: The unused program running in the background or the low RAM of the system can prevent the log in the tab to open.
How to solve several problems causing the AOL Gold login error?
Problem 1. Unable to login AOL desktop gold on Windows 7, 8 or 10
Solution: If you make a couple of failed attempts to login AOL desktop gold on your version of windows, you should figure out the issue to get the solution. Below are some causes with the perfect steps to solve:
Outdated Firmware or Software:
- If due to some particular reason AOL desktop gold has not been updated automatically that was promised, you need to find the update on your web browser and after downloading install it properly.
- In some instances, one is unable to locate the updates in the system. In this case, you should follow the below steps:
- Go to the control panel system
- Open system and security option
- Now find the windows update option and open it
- Then click on the check updates button
- Now you get the updates and install it on your system
Corrupt operating system:
If any bugged software left your system corrupted then you can face this issue. However, by following these simple steps, you can remove it:
- Scan your PC using the latest version of your antivirus.
- After that if unable to recover the corrupted windows file the only option you have to reinstall the Windows OS.
Problem with a router or network connection:
Make sure that your PC is continuously connected with a strong network connection and your router is working fine unless you can’t get the access to your AOL gold account.
- Problem with date and time settings
- To make sure that date, time and time zone are accurate, follow these steps:
- Open “Control Panel” and go to the ‘system preferences’ option and click ‘Date & Time’.
- Check if date and time are set accurately.
- If ‘Set date and time automatically’ box is ticked, unmarked it and then again mark it.
- Now click on the “OK” button and save changes. Then you may get access to your AOL desktop Gold account.
Problem with third-party software
Security software, system firewall, VPN or any other third party software may cause you this trouble.
- Check if any of this software is enabled.
- Now disable all of them and try to log in again.
- If you find any of these software causing troubles to replace them with perfect alternatives.
Problem 2. Unable to log in AOL desktop Gold after Windows update
Solution: After updating the Windows (any version) if you get troubles to log in your AOL desktop account, follow below steps;
- Go to ‘Control panel’ find ‘programs’ option and open it.
- Click on ‘Uninstall a program’ option.
- You will get a list where select the AOL desktop gold and click on ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Now you have to install it again, which you can do it from the installer file you have. But you have to make sure that it is updated and not corrupted. Otherwise, you can download AOL desktop gold and install from your windows system.
If you still can’t log in your AOL gold account, follow these further steps to delete the updates of Windows:
- Go again to the ‘Control Panel’, open ‘Programs’ and click on ‘View Installed Updates’.
- Then select the windows update and ‘Uninstall’ it.
Now you can easily login your AOL Gold account.
Problem 3. Can’t log in AOL desktop Gold on Mac.
Solution: If you are a Mac user and unable to get the access of AOL desktop gold on your system, you don’t need to worry. You may follow the same steps mentioned above for the Windows OS. Hence the troubleshooting process is quite similar on Mac.
However, you need to be more attentive selection the options on Mac because the terms used for the same option may be different than on Windows.
Problem 4. Desktop Gold log in error from Microsoft Outlook.
Solution: You may cause this issue if your AOL gold account is not synced properly with Outlook. However below-mentioned easy steps can get your issue fixed and you can log in properly:
- First, open your Microsoft Outlook and find File tab and open it.
- Go to ‘Account settings’, tap on ‘Add account’ and select “Manual setup or additional server types”
- Now select the ‘IMAP or POP’ option and fill the below information:
- Account type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.aol.com
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.aol.com
- In the log in section type your AOL account username and password
- Now select the ‘More Settings’ option and open ‘Outgoing Server’ tab.
- Click on ‘Use the same setting as my incoming mail server’ button and by opening the ‘Advanced’ tab and fill this information:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
- Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
- Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS
- Now click “OK” to complete the procedure and close it to finish the process.
- After restarting your outlook you will be able to log in your AOL desktop Gold account on your Microsoft outlook.
Problem 5. Unable to log in AOL Gold after password update
Solution: If you are asked repeatedly to enter your login information even after using the correct password or your AOL account keep signing your out, you can follow these steps to get rid these errors:
- Delete all the unnecessary files and cache in your system and try to log in again.
- If the problem persists run system troubleshooter and find out the issue. Then follow the screen instruction to get it fixed.
- If the problem still remains, your network may have been causing the log in error. Now try to fix it or use different network options.
- A corrupted AOL Desktop Gold may also cause the log in error. In this case, download and install again the AOL gold and try to log in again.
Problem 6. After clicking ‘Sign in’ button, redirecting to AOL Gold Login Screen.
Solution- Do you often encounter with the given trouble, and every time when you press the sign in button, you are taken back to the login screen? If yes, then you need to employ the given steps.
- Delete all the system caches, cookies and history
- Remove the unwanted junk files from the system and then try signing in
- Troubleshoot the issue by running the system troubleshooter. You must also make sure that the email is properly working and is in sync with AOL software or not.
Problem 7. The login screen of AOL Desktop gold is not opening
Solution: If the login page AOL gold itself is not appearing or not working, you can follow these steps:
- If you are using Windows then the problem can be generated due to Task manager not closing the processes properly.
- To fix it click on ‘End Task’ button in task manager for all the process that is not being used.
- The less space in system’s RAM can also prevent to launch your AOL desktop gold on your PC.
- Make some space and try to log in again.
Problem 8. How to turn off AOL auto-login?
Solution: If your AOL desktop keeps you signing in every time when you start your PC, it can cause you the error. So follow these steps to turn off the auto-login:
- First login your AOL desktop Gold account.
- In the keyword search option, type ‘Start Up settings’
- Now unmarked the checkbox “Automatically sign in on with this screen name when I open AOL”.
- Now restart your system and you will no longer be seeing you log in
However, this article comprises all the possible problems and solutions to remove the error but if in any case, you are not able to fix it on your own you need to contact the support team to get the guided expert advice and solution to get you fixed. One of the best solution that can help you get rid of all the login errors that you might face with this software is to keep in mind that you install AOL Desktop in your system by ensuring the system requirements have been cross-checked.
Source Url -: http://whazzup-u.com/profiles/blogs/solve-aol-gold-login-errors